The MiG-21Bis (NATO reporting name: “Fishbed”) is a supersonic front-line jet fighter and interceptor aircraft, designed by the Mikoyan-Gurevich Design Bureau in the Soviet Union. Due to its simplicity of design, ease of mastering the piloting technique and excellent indicators of speed and maneuverability, the Mig-21 is widely used in the world.
Mig-21 Bis "Fishbed"
The MiG-21 «Fishbed» is:
• High Speed, Up to 2.1 MACH
• High Altitude Up to FL650 (20 Km)
• AWOPS, Old School Navigation (VOR2VOR, NDB, RSBN, ILS)
• Challenged landing at 172 IAS (320 Km/h) with CAT 3A
• Powerful Weapons System, more than 8 different types of ammunition. (P3Dv4.5 or 5.1 PRO PLUS)
*** suitable for former Cold War pilots!
Here’s what you pay for:
Collectible model of the LEGENDARY MiG-21Bis created with an unprecedented level of detail and realism.
• High quality external and internal models using PBR technology (Physically-Based Rendering)
• Realistic flight model based on the MiG-21Bis military training simulator.
• By-the-book performance
• High quality sound set recorded from original MiG-21Bis
• Fully functional integrated WEAPON system IMPORTANT! Weapons system available only in P3D PRO PLUS version
• Realistic Visual Effects (Windshield rain effect, BIRD strike effect etc.)
• Accurate Pylons, Racks & Stores Weight and Drag
• Realistic Engine Characteristics
• Authentic Autopilot System
• Detailed Hydraulic & Pneumatic Systems
• Realistic Fuel Management
• Detailed Landing Gear Structural Model
• Accurate DRAG CHUTE Dynamics
• Aircraft STATES management system
• Highly detailed product manuals included
Length: 15.0 m (with Pitot) (49 ft 2.5 in)
Wingspan: 7.154 m (23 ft 5.66 in)
Height: 4.125 m (13 ft 6.41 in)
Wing area: 23.0 m2 (247.3 ft2)
Empty weight: 5,339 kg (11,770 lb)
Gross weight: 8,725 kg (19,235 lb)
Powerplant: 1 x Tumansky R25-300, 44 kN static thrust dry, 71 kN static thrust with afterburner
MiG-21 exterior model is highly detailed and features 4K HD textures. The model’s shaders are based on PBR technology (Physically Based Rendering)
Highly detailed afterburner, exhaust and suspension animations (amongst others) further improve immersion.
A package of pre-compiled photoshop files (.PSD) will be made available after release for easy community livery creation and repainting.
The GKS: MiG-21 comes with a 6 degrees-of-freedom, interactive, clickable cockpit. Detailed meshwork and textures provide the end-user with an immersive cockpit flying experience. P3D also offers full Oculus Rift support, and the MiG-21 cockpit is no exception.
To simplify the mastering of the cockpit and its’ controls, tooltips are provided to the end user in both English and Russian languages.
The cockpit, all text and artwork, has been fully translated from the original Russian labeling to English. Control over which cockpit language you’d like to use is achieved by a setting in the options menu.
MiG-21 is designed to from the ground up to faithfully recreate and simulate all interior avionics to their fullest extent. No effort has been spared in making this one of the most complex and accurate flight simulation aircraft available, which is designed to meet the Advanced Systems Modelling (“ASM”) criteria set forth by Eagle Dynamics.
MiG-21 simulates all major and minor avionics and system components found in the Fishbed-N, including, but not limited to:
- ARK-10 Radio Direction Finder
- RSBN-4N Radio Navigation System
- RP-22M “Sapfir” Radar
- SAU Autopilot, including e.g. auto-landing and recovery modes
- NPP and KPP Instruments
- ASP-PDF-M Gunsight
- SARPP Data Recorder
- RSIU-5V Radio
- SRZO-2M “Krom-Nikel” Identify Friend-or-Foe (“IFF”) System.
- SPO-10 “Sirena 3-M” Radio Warning Receiver (“RWR”)
The flight model is heavily component based, and simulates aerodynamic forces acting upon each component of the aircraft in real-time. At no time during the flight envelope is the aircrafts’ behaviour “scripted”. Tuned up to 19.000 meters, it will give you a unique experience in flying this small and agile fighter.
Learn to takeoff with small wings and a high speed, feel the RATO effect, experience non-symmetric wing load and super critical angles of slide/slip aircraft behavior and much more. Have fun experimenting and discovering the aircraft behavior in irregular flight conditions, where your engine will stall, you will loose your orientation, your weapon will detach from the aircraft and… you’re gonna love it!
The flight model has been built over the course of a few years, and utmost care has been taken to ensure an authentic experience of flying the MiG-21bis, under all possible flight conditions.
MiG-21 comes with a suite of weaponry, some custom and unique to the MiG-21bis itself. As the MiG-21 evolved into a multi-role capable aircraft, the amount and type of weaponry available to pilots also grew. The MiG-21 is capable of utilizing Air-to-Air missiles, free-falling and retarded bombs, nuclear bombs, beam riding missiles, unguided rockets and gunpods.
- R-3R APU-13MI
- R-3S APU-13MI
- R-55 APU-7
- R-60A x 2
- R-60A APU-60
- R-60M x 2
- R-60M APU-60
- RS-2US APU-7
- FAB-250 M54 TU
- RBK-250 PTAB-2.5M
- FAB-100 x 4
- FAB-500 M62
- RBK-500 PTAB-10-5
Simulated Nuclear Bombs
- UB-32 – 32 S-5M
- UB-16UM – 16 S-5M
- KH-66 “Grom”
- 490L Wing & Centerline droptanks
- 800L Centerline Droptank
- SPS-141-100 Electronic Warfare & Chaff/Flare Dispensing Pod
- ASO-2 Chaff Dispensing Pod
- SPRD-99 RATO – Rocket Boosters