Notifications
Clear all

Skins for the Standard Version  

Page 1 / 2

Debowing
(@debowing)

Hi, I have been monitoring the forum for a while now and I was wondering if skins will be made available for the standard version.

Is there a paint kit avalaible?

11 Replies
Al13_x
Admin
(@al13_x)

Hi, we are going to start uploading new skins on our site this week
As to paint kit - we also can upload simple version, but we don't know if it will be helpful because all skins with PBR tech are done in specialized programs (Like Substance painter)

HB707
(@hb707)

Hello GKS team,

First of all, thank you for providing me with a very nice Easter egg special, at a time that I was trying to cope with the prospect that I will never have my favorite "memory lane toy" available in P3D. After all, there is a God of the simming elders, and thanks to you guys, I have back, a very good looking "pipe" to play with.

Regarding the "extra" skins - what are your intentions? any specific skins you have in mind ?

Are you favorable for a more "direct" dialogue, regarding some aspects of the model ?

Respectfully,

Horatiu Barbulescu

a.k.a HB707

1 Reply
Al13_x
Admin
(@al13_x)

@hb707 Thank you for the warm words. We are always ready for direct dialogue!

Al13_x
Admin
(@al13_x)

We have uploaded the first skin to the downloads section.
If you have a specific request for skins - you can post references here

3 Replies
Debowing
(@debowing)

@al13_x Thank you...Looking forward to more -any camouflage skins from any air force would be highly desirable.

Al13_x
Admin
(@al13_x)

@debowing

If you post here "wish list" things will go faster  🙂

Debowing
(@debowing)

@al13_x Thank you...Well what can I say any one of these AF

Indian, Iraqi, Cambodian, Vietcong,Libyan,Syrian etc etc...

HB707
(@hb707)

@al13_x, Thanks for the skin, it was only logical and respectful to represent the "country of origin" first.

Guys I would appreciate first of all, some guidance, or, confirmation if the issues I'm experiencing with the aircraft are simulator "bugs", as I've experienced similar type of issues with other payware aircraft, at the same time, I do not have P3D v5.05 Pro Plus for more than 60 days, and even it seem to be a copy of FSX, it is not quite.

Not being used with P3D ways, I have installed your aircraft manually, in a separate folder, from where, knowing where each sub component should go, I transferred it in the P3D - that's when some "unexpected" behavior started showing up:                                    a. Despite the P3D menu and aircraft cfg. says it's the "clean" version, when loading the aircraft, it has weapons on it.                           b. Starting engine with "Ctrl+E" works only two out of three attempts -  but it works (something that I cannot say about other models)   c. Engine started, everything peach, you start preparing for take off, and the following happens:                                                            1. Nav lights are visible thru the entire wing, once you engage afterburner, the aft section of the fuselage (about where the fire shielding "blankets" are), start to glow red  like a Chinese dragon and no afterburner effect, other than a few timid red strings. Sometime during the small circuit I did, the central external tank disappeared, so I landed in a clean, weapons only configuration.

I have cleaned the initial installation, I've let the installer do its job, in the "add-ons" section of the win documents folder and somehow, things have improved, but not entirely - the airplane still loads with weapons, and the nav lights and afterburner effects look odd.

Would you recommend re-install again the aircraft in the "normal" folder, "Airplanes", under "Sim Objects" of the actual simulator ?

Thank you,

HB707

1 Reply
Al13_x
Admin
(@al13_x)

@hb707
1 - We recommend installing the product by default in a separate "addons" folder (this approach is also recommended by P3D)
Inside the panel files there are important links that may not work if the files are moved to another location.

2 - As far as I understand, you have the Basic Edition, So, we just added the weapon to this config because there were a lot of requests from other users. But you can make it "clean" by setting "weapon_loadout = Weapon_Loadout_00" in aircraft.cfg or create any other config in the Attachments.xml file 

3 - We do not recomend to use "Ctrl+E"  to start the engine. If you want to start the engine correctly - please use the options panel instead - there is a Ready for Taxi option.

4 - "Nav lights are visible thru the entire wing" - this is question to P3D developers, we can't fix this.
5 - Chinese dragon lights 🙂 - this is same issue as above - lights from afterburner (but it shouldn't be very bright, and soould be mostelly visible only at night)

6 - "central external tank disappeared" - it is droppable object, i guess you just pushed jettison button somehow

Hope now You can decide if it need to be reinstalled or not

Thanks, Dev Team

Page 1 / 2
Share: