Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] MiG-21 Plans for the coming patches:  

Page 1 / 2

Al13_x
Admin
(@al13_x)

Plans for the coming patches:

1. Support of key weapon functions for Academic and Professional versions of P3D 4.5 & 5.1 (now the full functionality of weapons is supported only in the P3D Pro plus version)
2. Implementation of the basic functions of the radar (Pro plus version)
3. Implementation of the command guidance system of the aircraft to the target "Lazur-M" (Pro plus version)
4. Contramesures system, (heat traps and dipole reflectors)
5. Unguided large-caliber missiles S-24
6. Rear view periscope
7. Logic of the flap in the SPS mode
8. Additional liveries
9. Fixing of all bugs, found by our users so far

Topic Tags
8 Replies
Al13_x
Admin
(@al13_x)

We have added weapon patch to download section

• GKS_MiG-21Bis_P3D_AC&PROv_Weapon_visual_v1.3..zip

https://www.aviasimhd.com/download/?preview_id=1882&preview_nonce=5310a4738e&_thumbnail_id=-1&preview=true

Noddy
(@noddy)

Thank you. 

rodemics
(@rodemics)

You guys have a gem in your hands, however it still needs a lot of work. It is right now a 3 star add on for those hard core simmers. I don't know who your target audience is but by judging to your planned patch updates, you want this to be a professional add on. So here are a few things that I found so far.

1-The weapons patch you released is just for show. It has no effect on the airplane at all and the fuel tanks don't interact with the fuel system, which brings me to number 2.

2-The fuel system is not simulated correctly at all. I have been flying with almost 4000 liters of fuel without having any external tanks attached. You should have a fuel manager and not the P3d fuel page. Group 1 tanks- When group 1 tanks are empty, the manual states you should turn off pump to group 1 tank. When you do that, both group 1 and group 3 tank lights start flashing and then stay on. That shouldn't happen. You can also turn off all tank pumps and have no effect on the aircraft at all. Ventral drop tank light does not come on even when ventral drop tank is attached. Ventral drop tank light stays on constantly. Wing drop tank empty light stays on constant.

3-Pressurization system is not modeled. The cabin altitude and differential pressure gauge does not work. Whether the system is modeled or not, the gauge should work.

4-Radar should work at least in weather mode.

Now being a bit more picky...

Pilot O2 level and pilot O2 pressure gauges don't work. Pitot heat does not freeze and reports normal speed even if pitot heat is turned off. Engine O2 gauge does not work.

Some of these are major things, some are small but they all contribute to having a true professional add on and will make your product stand out from the competition. There are military aircraft add ons right now that incorporate all of the above. Whether this awesome project remains 3 stars or becomes 4 or 4 stars is up to you guys. I'm just trying to help. You guys do have a gem in your hands!

1 Reply
Al13_x
Admin
(@al13_x)

@rodemics Hi,
See answers below, Thanks.

Al13_x
Admin
(@al13_x)

@rodemics, Hi,

Thank you very much for your feedback!

The patch, which will be released next week, includes improvements to the fuel system.
The drop tanks will be fully functional. The fuel manager will also be implemented

1. Regarding the fuel pumps.

The fuel system of Mig21 is simple and designed so that no fuel pumps are needed for normal engine operation in level flight and normal positive overGs. Fuel pouring the engine by gravity. (From Wings and 3rd Group to 2nd group then to 1st group then to supply tank).

This is done so that in the event of a pump or electrical failure, you can safely return home.

Fuel pumps are only necessary during intensive maneuvering with negative Gs, for pumping fuel successively into the supply tank.

So now, In the inverted flight and with fuel pumping off to the supply tank, the engine will stall after running out of fuel in the supply tank. (10-60 seconds depending on the engine operating mode)

It is necessary to turn off the pump when corresponded tank is empty, to avoid overheat (it is cooled by the fuel that it pumps. The only reason)

2. As to indication panel logic, we will fix it in the next patches (it is not easy due to some limitations of functionality P3D related to fuel system and particularly fuel pumps. Now it is allowed only 1 fuel pump per engine)

3. Pressurization logic and gauges, as well as Radar will also be done in the next patches

Thank you,

1 Reply
rodemics
(@rodemics)

@al13_x

It is so nice to know you guys are working on improving it. You have done a great job so far. The visual aspect is amazing and I love the engine sound. It is such a fun plane to fly and I've been flying it everyday since I got it. Keep up the good work and I'm looking forward to the future patches!!

Page 1 / 2
Share: